Invisalign is a revolutionary orthodontic treatment that uses clear, removable aligners to straighten your teeth. It is a popular alternative to traditional metal braces because it is more discreet and comfortable. Invisalign aligners are made of a thin, flexible plastic material that fits snugly over your teeth. They are virtually invisible, so you can straighten your smile without anyone knowing.
Invisalign treatment works by gradually moving your teeth into their desired positions. You will wear a new set of aligners for about two weeks at a time, and your teeth will move slightly each time you change to a new set. The average treatment time for Invisalign can vary depending on the severity of your case.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign has a number of benefits over traditional metal braces, including:
- Discreet: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible, so you can straighten your smile without anyone knowing.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made of a thin, flexible plastic material that is comfortable to wear.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable, so you can eat, drink, and brush your teeth normally.
- Effective: Invisalign is an effective way to straighten teeth of all ages.
Who is a good candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is a good option for people with a variety of orthodontic problems, including:
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
If you are interested in Invisalign, you should schedule a consultation with Expert Dental Care. We will assess your individual needs and determine if Invisalign is right for you.
How does Invisalign treatment work?
During your initial consultation, we will take a digital scan of your teeth. This scan will be used to create a custom treatment plan for you. Your treatment plan will show you how your teeth will move over the course of treatment and how long your treatment will last.
Once your treatment plan is created, all the costs pertaining tot the treatment will be discussed in detail. Once you approve, you will receive your first set of Invisalign aligners. You will wear your aligners for 22 hours a day, every day. You will only remove your aligners to eat, drink, and brush your teeth.
Every two weeks, you will change to a new set of aligners. Your teeth will gradually move into their desired positions each time you change to a new set of aligners.
What to expect during Invisalign treatment
Most people find that Invisalign treatment is comfortable and convenient. However, there are a few things you can expect during treatment, such as:
- Mild discomfort: You may experience mild discomfort when you first start wearing your Invisalign aligners. This discomfort is usually temporary and goes away after a few days.
- Speech changes: You may also notice some changes in your speech when you first start wearing your Invisalign aligners. These changes are usually temporary (1-2 days) and go away as your mouth adjusts to the aligners.
How to care for your Invisalign aligners
It is important to care for your Invisalign aligners properly to keep them clean and free of bacteria. Here are a few tips:
- Brush your aligners with a toothbrush and toothpaste after each meal.
- Soak your aligners in a cleaning solution once a week. Rinse your aligners thoroughly before putting them back in your mouth.
Cost of Invisalign treatment
The cost of Invisalign treatment varies depending on the severity of your case and the length of your treatment. However, Invisalign is typically comparable in cost to traditional metal braces.
Is Invisalign right for you?
If you are interested in straightening your smile, Invisalign is a great option to consider. It is a discreet, comfortable, and effective way to straighten teeth of all ages.
Here are some additional things to consider when deciding if Invisalign is right for you:
- Your lifestyle: Invisalign is a good option for people with active lifestyles because it is removable. This means that you can eat, drink, and brush your teeth normally while wearing your aligners.
- Your budget: Invisalign is typically costs less compared to traditional metal braces. At Expert Dental Care we offer financing options to help you afford treatment.
- Your commitment: Invisalign treatment requires commitment. You will need to wear your aligners.